Terms and Conditions of Contract
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, ‘me’ or ‘I’ refers to Sabine Dor, ‘you’ refers to you/your company. You engage me to commence with the booking/recording based on the terms defined below.
1. The initial quote has been based on the script and information provided by you at the time. If no script is supplied, my quote can only be based on the anticipated duration of a voiceover. I reserve the right to revise the original quote as required, should the final script be longer or shorter than expected.
2. Any supplemental material supplied beyond the original scope of the project after the initial go-ahead will be chargeable.
3. The pronunciation of any brand names, acronyms, abbreviations or industry-specific terms your script may contain should be spelled out clearly before recording commences. If no instructions have been given and what I record is ‘wrong’, then extra fees may be incurred for the re-recording time.
4. If a test read is requested prior to recording, you acknowledge that this cannot be used unless paid for. Use of a test read without payment will be considered a copyright breach.
5. Payment may be made via PayPal (PayPal account or credit card) or BACS. A charge of 5% of the total cost applies for users paying through PayPal.
6. Payment is due on receipt of invoice (unless otherwise specified by me), and before the delivery of the final audio. A watermarked audio file will be sent for your approval prior to payment. I reserve the right to require payment from new or international clients in advance of recording.
7. Credit may be given to established clients, with whom I have already built up a working relationship. Where credit is agreed, invoices must be settled within ten days of issue.
8. Payment for any work provided by me must be made in full in advance of use, publication or broadcast to avoid breach of copyright. The intellectual property of the audio remains with me until the invoice has been paid in full.
9. In accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 (EC directive), the right is reserved to charge interest at 8% above the late payment period reference interest rate based on the relevant Bank of England base rate on all amounts outstanding for more than 30 days (the Credit Period) from the Tax Date indicated on the invoice.
10. The right is reserved to levy a minimum charge of £10 for each written reminder or statement produced and sent after the Credit Period. Credit facilities and the supply of any future services may be withdrawn in the event of a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
11. Retakes due to any mistakes on my part will be free of charge, provided that clear instructions have been given before the recording. One retake session to adjust reading style or tone of voice, if required, is also included in the price.
Retakes resulting from mistakes in the provided script and alterations or additions made to the script after the recording will incur an additional charge, depending on the work involved in re-recording. Minor revisions are usually charged at 25-50% of the initial rate, while more substantial script changes may be regarded as a new project and priced accordingly. You will be notified of the relevant costs prior to re-recording.
After the final approval of audio, any script revisions will be regarded and billed as a new project.
12. Copyright of all recorded and/or written material created by me remains my property, unless you and I have agreed otherwise in writing. If you would like full ownership of any recorded material, then a ‘buyout’ can be arranged at an additional cost. Please note: As long as payment has not been made in full, the intellectual property of the audio remains with me.
13. If you intend to use the recorded material in any other form from the medium originally produced (for example: a voiceover recorded for a corporate video that is then to be used in a radio/TV advert), my permission must be obtained. Additional fees will apply, and I must be notified of any planned usage changes for licensing cost calculations. Failure to notify and pay for correct usage is a breach of international copyright.
14. The audio recording is only to be used within the scope of the defined licence for use by your company and your clients (i.e. a signage or web video advert produced by you for one of your clients). Usage rights of recordings are not extendable or transferable to a different company, either external or a new company established by you, unless a repeat fee for each recording is paid by the new company.
15. You warrant and undertake that:
(a) You will be responsible for obtaining and paying for all necessary licences and consents for the use of any copyright material contained in, or the inclusion of any person in your production
(b) No material will breach the rights/copyright of any third party or be defamatory or offensive in nature
(c) You will indemnify and keep me indemnified against all actions, proceedings, costs, damages, expenses, penalties, claims, demands and liabilities arising from any breach of the above warranties or in any manner whatsoever in consequence of the use of any copy or matter supplied by you.
16. The recording may be edited, modified, added to or deleted from, but the resultant audio will be licensed within the same scope as defined here.
17. Copies of finished work: After audio delivery, you grant me permission to use all or a portion of the recording in my own portfolio, e.g. on my website or in voice over demos, and to reference the project on my resume. If the finished product is a video, I will ask you for a copy to display on my website, unless releasing the work violates a confidentiality agreement. Credit should also be given to me as voice talent, where applicable.
18. If you cancel any contract giving less than twenty-four hours notice, I reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the fees payable under the terms of the contract. This fee would be representative of my costs because I may have rejected other work.
19. Governing Law: the contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
20. These terms and conditions may be varied from time to time and will be communicated in writing.
Revised June 2022. Copyright © 2022, Sabine Dor. All rights reserved.